Writing a headline from scratch is almost as hard as sharing your screen on Zoom. Almost.
Since 8 out of 10 people will ONLY read your headline and a measly 2 will hang on for the rest, nailing it is pretty important.
But staring at a blank screen is a waste of your time, so we tracked down the best headline formulas and examples from across the web to inspire you.
First, some killer headline formulas to revisit whenever you get stuck (courtesy of Copyhackers):
- Now You Can [Do Something Desirable] [Counter to Expectations]
- Here’s the [Best Adjective] Way to [Solve a Problem]
- [Your brand] is a [service category] that [amazing outcome for consumers] without [objection or anxiety]
- [Do something] like [world-class example]
- [Do Something Hard] in [Period of Time]
- [Known Competitor] [Does This Undesirable or Unimpressive Thing]. [Your Brand Name] [Does This Highly Desirable or Impressive Thing].
The most effective headlines are clear and wrap up your value proposition in just a few words.
Looking for more real estate content inspiration? Download our 250+ Content Ideas Playbook.
When you’re experimenting with your headlines, either use the formulas we just listed or adapt the creative headline examples below to real estate.
Here are 10 of the best examples that we found:
Function of Beauty
Two things in closing:
1. Even with headline inspiration, you'll still get stuck. Keep writing really bad headlines in a blank doc. Eventually, you'll land the one you want.
2. When you do get stuck, put yourself inside the mind of your customers. Ask yourself:
- What do I need?
- What is my goal?
- What's really bothering me about my situation?
- How am I feeling?
- What transformation am I trying to experience?
As an agent, you already have a leg up: You're incredibly in tune with how your customers feel.
Lean into the stories you've experienced with your past customers.
Use those stories (plus these formulas and examples) to write - and rewrite - powerful headlines on your website and rise above the noise.
Let's get to work!